Monday, August 27, 2007

Packing up...

It's my first day of 'leave' and packing isn't going so well what with the US Open on all day and a basic lack of motivation (packing is not my thing). I did manage to find time to write a Fantasy Football 101 article as a guest blogger for my friend's new Sports Blog http://pleatsncleats.blogspot.com/.

Maybe I'll be able to deal with the tragedy of missing football season by writing from Ecuador - it'll be therapeutic :)

I'll get back to packing...in the meantime check out the sports blog above (my article should be posted today under a pseudonym - see if you can figure it out) and see what I'm getting myself into here:

http://www.elep.org/
I'll be doing volunteer work in the Construction and Infrastructure program.

Hasta luego,
Niki

1 comment:

Patty said...

Hey Babe,

Thanks for sending me the link to this guy. You are slaying me with your football obsession - it was one of the things that I had really forgotten over the years, but seeing the invite to your party was an immediate reminder. How could I forget your Eagles obsession?

Anyways, this is the time of year that kills me to not have cable to watch the US Open. Mom filled me in last night - heard there were some good upsets. I am thinking that I should really take tennis up this fall but I have been saying that for quite a bit. Did I tell you about heading out with JP and Tim? I went to my tennis bag: two racquets that haven't been re-strung in years, no balls and no tennis shoes. Sad. I also thought about teaching this summer on the weekends at one of the clubs, b/c you can really pull in a nice amount of money, but didn't think I had the patience to deal with those country club brats (kids/adults).

I rode my scooter into work this morning by myself. So awesome. It is total feminist, "hear me roar," empowerment - cheesy, I know.

As far as travel, it's going to be a busy/rough fall with work and holidays, but I may be up for a 2008 trip down. You are there until February-ish you imagine at the moment? Who knows? You may never come back! When do you go?

Send me those pics of your party too. And what's the Vtech update? Should I be emailing?