Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oil Spill :(

Our jungle trip was postponed because 2,000 barrels of oil spilled in the river of the jungle we were going to...bummer for the jungle and for us. So I am back in my pueblo, back to digging holes for sewage outside the houses :) See??? I do work sometimes! I even took a picture of the 2 meter hole I am digging to prove it but not sure when I can post it. For now use your imagination :)

If the river to the jungle is re-opened Anna-lee and I may be able to head out on Sunday..if not, not sure when I´ll go. Stay tuned.

So now I´m off to watch the locals surf near my house and maybe give it a try myself (one of these days).

Turns out they do celebrate Halloween a bit here so if I´m not in the jungle I´ll let you know what it´s like..I am sad to be missing Halloween in NYC which is always a blast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They already gots you talking in metric :)

Patty said...

Niki,

I felt inspired to catch up on your adventures after your call (thank you so much) . . . I am checking out flights and the like . . . I also thought that you'd be proud - I am watching penn state v. ohio state. wearing my blue and white, and thinking of my dad - I have a feeling that he is really pissed at the moment - ohio state just scored off of a 60-yard pass - the quarterback had all the time in the world. drives me nuts. anyways, love hearing about the adventures - the latino transportation schedules, the social outings with locals, the need to consume whatever someone puts in front of you, the language slipups, etc. it takes me back. hope you'll be able to make it to the jungle - sounds like fun. safe travels and will get back in touch with you soon re: travel. thanks again for looking out for me even from Ecuador . . . love you. Patty.

Anonymous said...

We need details............