Sunday, January 20, 2008

Back in Ecuador

Well I survived the 6 day trek to the lost city in Colombia with about 100 bug bites and a sinus infection. I was the only one of 10 people who didn´t have stomach problems from the water..so I consider myself very lucky. The trek was pretty much uphill and through rivers the whole time, so very intense and very beautiful and very hot. We slept in hammocks with wool smelly blankets in COLD temperatures every night. A few days relaxing on the beach were very much needed and now I´m back in Quito with Sara, who I very conveniently found in customs. So now we are hanging out in Quito waiting to take a night bus to the coast to spend a couple more days at the beach, per her request even though she doesn´t like to sunbathe and is afraid of fish. Go figure.

Just wanted to let everyone know I survived Colombia pretty much unscathed. It´s great to have Sara here visiting to give me a taste of home. We´ll be heading to Banos to party with my friends here in Ecuador for a few days this week. I think she´s excited to get out of the city tonight after being chased around Quito today by a man saying dirty things :) A very nice welcome I thought..ha.

Happy birthday Dom!!

1 comment:

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.