Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ciao!

Tomorrow I´m heading off on a 10 day trip with Anna-Lee (australian amiga) around southern-central ecuador to check out some other cities and sights. I´ll be sure to keep you all updated along the way and hopefully get some pictures uploaded in the larger cities.

There seems to be great interest in mr. iguana. Unfortunately I did not get a picture of him but one of the german guys may have so I´ll see if I can get one from them eventually. I can´t say I hope he comes back so I can get one - sorry! But if he gets over the terror of his leap and does reappear I´ll get a picture this time.

Thanks for those who have already sent packages - very speedy! And yes, it will help my popularity with the 3 year old in the house. I´ll keep you updated on the receipt rate. I´ll start checking the post office once I get back in early October.

Last but definitely not least, my very exciting news from the past week is that the german guys bought meat and made HAMBURGERS for dinner last night. We also had ice cream and soda!! Yes, it was an amazing meal :) They left today so it was a goodbye and thanks for having us celebration. Apparently there was some kind of cow issue here (possibly mad cow but I didn´t really get the full idea of what Liz (mother of the family) was trying to tell me). So she didn´t eat the burgers and the boys had to buy it from a kitchen in a restaurant - not even available in stores. But worry not - I enjoyed my burger and am doing great!

2 comments:

Patty said...

Your vegetarian friend says be careful with crazy cow meat. Remember: safe and smart.

Have an amazing time traveling . . .

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe....I'm sorry I never got back to you before you left. I'm sure you had a great time at your going away party. I hope all is well and I love the blog! Keep them coming!

uummm....can you see any games down there? Safe travels! ~dee