Saturday, September 8, 2007

Escape!

I have escaped to another coastal town for the weekend with an australian girl who also volunteers (in a tourist office) and lives in the house with me. We are desperate for HOT showers so we are staying in a hotel :) We are in Manta - a coastal town a 2 1/2 hour busride from Puerto Lopez and a much bigger city with much faster internet. Hot showers and fast internet equals heaven. In a couple of weeks we are going to travel around Ecuador for a week and then I think I´ll also go with her to the jungle at the end of October. Sign up for visits fast people as my time is getting booked! I think Sara Kramer has booked the end of February to travel around with me at the end of my trip.

Housekeeping:
Apparently my cellphone number without a calling card is 01159397607517. WITH a calling card it´s 0059397607517. If one way doesn´t work.. try the other.

Sara Kramer wins the award for first and only phone call so far - at least successful one (this is when she booked her visit time..hint hint) . I missed a call at about 11pm last night CST - sorry whoever that was. Please try again!

As for questions posted.. I did drink the Pilsner.

Planning on posting pics tomorrow now that I know this internet is so much better. I´m not sure if I can post many here so check your email.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I CALL CHRISTMAS/NEW YEARS!!!

And I want the award for the SECOND phone call.

love, leah

Unknown said...

Sorry to bear bad news but the Eagles lost yesterday - I'm sure you checked that online - it was horrible....what a way to lose!!! Glad you got a warm shower! Love, Deb